Friday 19 December 2008

Log

This module has taught me about using th internet as a platform for journalism, in particular, the use of blogging in contemporary media writing. Getting links to my blog, hits and views are essentially how it becomes a commercial project.

There are so many blogs on the internet available however, that finding a niche target audience is definitely the hardest element of this project. I'm not sure that my individual blog has a target audience ( i know it is for module purposes) but I certainly wouldn't read it in my free time!

I experienced blogger which you are reading this on and wordpress.com which we used for our group blog. I much prefer blogger as a platform because of it's accessible style and continuity in editting posts, uploading pictures and videos. News feeds and other blogs which I'm following are also much easier to manage in blogger.

I hope my feature on charities has enough variation between each posts but still has enough continuity to call it a feature. I have tried to include online elements such as links and video posts to show that I understand the difference between and online feature and a print one.

No comments: